Give Clean Water’s commitment to provide a sustainable clean drinking water solution to every person who needs it, has always been the driving force behind our mission. GCW’s historic 2013 signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Fiji Ministry of Health, ensures a partnership that is delivering sustainable results.
Volcom’s commitment to sustainability around the world is a driving force in their mission. Their “New Future” initiative remains an industry leader, impacting all aspects of their business to make the world Cleaner, more Conscious, more Renewable, more Efficient, more Regenerative, more Sustainable and Less Impactful.
- In 2012, the villages of Momi, Nabila, Yako, and Cuvu, all suffered from frequent cases of diarrhea and other water borne diseases due to a contaminated water supply.
- In 2012 and 2013, Volcom, Tavarua Island, and Island’s Restaurants gave water filters to each of these villages representing 272 families…nearly 1500 people.
- Give Clean Water and the Ministry of Health followed up with every family on a monthly basis, re-educating them on the importance of using and cleaning their filters every day, and documenting changes in health.
- To date, in 100% of these villages, there is clean bacteria free drinking water in every home.
- There have been no outbreaks of water borne sickness in any of these villages!
So where is the proof? Well… just like every village in which Give Clean Water installs filters, the proof is in the data, so we’re showing you the latest round of follow ups as conducted by the Fiji Ministry of Health staff. You can see first hand, filter use, changes in health, and any minor issues that were corrected on the spot by the local village Health Workers. THAT…is sustainability at its best!
Thank you Volcom, Tavarua Island, and Island’s Restaurants, for your commitment to sustainability, and your commitment to the great people of Fiji! Together we ARE making a difference, and are well on our way to changing an entire country!
Village Follow ups